Light-O-Rama Forums

Voice sync software

ItsMeBobO

Has anyone used the free tool Papagayo to create mouth movements? This tool has a dictionary of words and the mouth movements that go with it. When you type the words it puts the movements over the audio and you have to line them up. (note they are not aligned in the picture).

I have looked at the output of this thing and I am pretty sure i could convert it to an LOR clipboard to paste it in to a sequence. One problem is that for cartoon animation there are 11 mouth shapes but most displays have four. O, E, Ah, closed.

Trying to gauge the interest in this before going too far.

PapaNoGhosts.JPG

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ItsMeBobO

• Dan C

• robin1373

• jimswinder

I haven't used it, but this thing would be a big help with mouth movements, I say it's a go Bob,

Bill

As you already know, I'm all for this!!!

This would help so much with singing pumpkin's and Santa's.

thedementedeld wrote:

Sounds good, but how would you get the timings to of the typed words to match the tempo the song.?

In the papagayo software, you open the same audio file you will later be playing in the sequence. You can see the waveform in the picture. Then you slide the words right and left. Each word has associated mouth shapes. The mouth shapes shown in the pic would be replaced by you to be the ones you want to use. You can make them from your SE animation or from pictures of your completed disaply face if you have them.

The output of Papagayo is a text file with mouth shape names and 25th of a second times. My software would pick up from there to translate the mouth shapes into a custom set of channels and centiseconds for your display.

There is no doubt that this is complicated. Learning papagayo is a task in itself. It is also no longer being updated by its author. But it has the benefit of being FREE while others are over $100.

I do not want to write a papagayo to LOR translator if no one is going to expend the effort to learn papagayo and tolerate its quirks which will never be fixed.

Sounds cool BobO!!! I've never used Papagayo but this being my first year with LOR I could see some definite benefits with this software! We are making a Santa face that will sing some of our songs and so far his mouth will be open and close. I've looked into singing faces and would LOVE to have something like crackers singing pumpkins, but that looks like a TON of work and I barely have time to finish what I've already started... :] The papagayo software and your magic it sounds like this could be an AMAZING addition...

Count me in!!!

Bobo,
I would love to have a tool for this. I am building a talking snowman this year, and I really need something like this.

This could be a huge help for me.

Paul

Coming from someone who has just spent HOURS with my LOR software on 1/2 speed to work on mouth synchronizing for 3 mouth positions and 8 songs ... it would be a GREAT help !!

Dave

Bob, You the MAN!! Yes this is something I would use and I believe It would be a big help.

Thanks for all you do for the cause!!

I had bookmarked this website earlier this year hoping I would EVENTUALLY get around to building my two talking snowmen...

So anything you would do to make it easier Bob, I am behind 1000%!!!

Ron Amedee wrote:

Write the code for four mouth movements, Two eye movements and two eyebrow movements and call it BIGDADDYBOBO

Looks like I am giving it a try. Papagayo is tougher to learn than the programming on this one.

Ron both PG and my translator will handle all the mouth movements. The display owner will have to consolidate a lot of them into the closest one. You will see. Working on a sample.

I don't have any wire frames with mouth movements....yet. But do have a couple of wire frame skulls (Big Lots) that I'd like to modify to have actual mouth movements instead of just lighting the entire skull frame to the words to simulate them singing.

Just downloaded the software to play around with it, especially since I also use CrazyTalk to create animated talking characters for websites and video use.

So count me in for this tool too! I, too, believe this would make creating singing faces or characters much easier to do.

GO FOR IT BOB!:D:cool::D

Go, Bob, Go!

Many people have wanted my house face to sing but I keep putting it off. Maybe something like this will inspire me to make it a priority.

Bobo, you da man. I have spent so much time on one song to make singing pumpkins. I just can't get the grasp of it. I sure could use a tool like this.

MikeH

It would be a great help and would love to have it. Put me on the list, if you have one yet or make a list and put me on it> :-) ..