Light-O-Rama Forums

Midi Tree

shfr26

I'm planning to do a 10-20ft tree this year in 2 colors, unless I can talk the wifey into another controller. First of all I plan on 8 channels per color. I have red,green and blue. In the vast wealth of knowledge here, what do you think I should use for the 2 colors?? Second, does anyone have an animation pic so I can get an idea of how to draw one???? Thanks in advance.

Well it looks like you are just gonna have to talk the wife into letting you buy more controllers.:D

Mine is white and red. You want the white so that you have the bang effect when you turn on all lights at one time. Red goes well with white (candycane).

But it all goes down to what you want, what look you are after. Look at as many display video's as you can. Then you will come up with "your" colors!

Hi Pete,

Here's how I draw mine, I use 6 per side for a total of 12 slices (I do 1/2 mega's). I have them all the same color though, just did these in different colors for clarity purposes,

Bill

Attached files Mega animation.las

Thanks Bill, that helps alot. Could not get my little pea brain to work right and figure it out. Working on talking the wife into another controller and then I can do 3 colors.