Light-O-Rama Forums

Am I The Only One?

George Simmons

Am I the only one in America who doesn't give a flying rip about the precious royal wedding? Personally, there's no possible way I could care less than I do, and I was just wondering if this is just me or if there's anyone else who feels the same?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CKSedg

• George Simmons

• shfr26

• Ron Amedee

I would worry more about the end of the world than the "wedding", and I don't really care about that either! When it happens, it will happen to all of us. Just my opinion. It might be different if just some of us survived, then I would have to worry about who it was and if I liked them or not. Anyway, have a nice Easter, spend some quality time with your family and friends.

I am with you George. I thought we told King George back in 1776 to "Stick it", and we stopped cow towing to royalty.
Besides I am more worried about 2012, when the Mayans said we are going to have a Zombie invasion. Maybe it wasn't the Mayans, but supposedly it is the end of humanity as we know it.......... Brains!! I need Brains!!!!!:)

No George, you aren't!

I am sick of Royal Weddings, idiotic TV commercials that are 20 times louder than the show you're watching, especially late at night when others are trying to sleep and these damn things BLAST youi into oblivion! FCC used to crack down on this crap and didn't allow them to be any louder than the show you were watching, what happened to that?

As well as there IS NO such thing as TRUTH IN ADVERTISING" either! Another thing about commercials that really irks me no end too! I am sick of the damn Casey Anthony crap too!

Quite frankly TV seems to be more commercial than TV show, I swear a 30 minute show has almost 1/2 the time in commerical garbage, the longer the show the more commercials you get too. And for crying out loud, someone please find the MORON(S) that created those annoying INFOMERCIALS and put them out of OUR misery!!!

Also sick and tired of TV stations that have a set theme and show informercioals or any other show that HAS NOTHING to do with what their content should be, like SyFy, History Channel, etc. showing shows that have absolutely nothing to do with History or Science Fiction. Stick to your themes please!

And for crying out loud, CAN WE DO AWAY WITH ALL THESE RIDICULOUS REALITY SHOWS? Enough IS ENOUGH! And more keep cropping up all the time, what a MAJOR waste of TV bandwidth.

Oh, and find the low-life that came up with POP UP ADS on the internet too and please put that idiot out of OUR misery too! Just glad we have POP-UP BLOCKERS to help keep them at bay, but some still get through!

Sorry George, you just struck the nerve that aggravates me no end on TV, Radio and The 'net doing things that just annoy me no end!

What Wedding?
Yea, Also, I'm tired of people blocking off streets, here in Hollywood to celebrate some other country's holidays. Flying "there" Flags, and me having to drive a mile in traffic around it to get where I'm going...:X

shfr26 wrote:

Dang, Don't hold back, say what you really think!!:D:D

I just hope he stops being shy, comes out of his shell, and offers his honest opinion...:D

Maybe he can start with something mundane, like the "ignore" button...:D

DonFL wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Dang, Don't hold back, say what you really think!!:D:D

I just hope he stops being shy, comes out of his shell, and offers his honest opinion...:D

Maybe he can start with something mundane, like the "ignore" button...:D

Just what TV needs! An IGNORE button, now that one I *COULD* definitely use! Although mute comes close....:D

I used to have a pet cat I named 'Peeve'. He disappeared one day and was never seen again. Maybe he realized I was ignoring him.

George Simmons wrote:

Am I the only one in America who doesn't give a flying rip about the precious royal wedding? Personally, there's no possible way I could care less than I do, and I was just wondering if this is just me or if there's anyone else who feels the same?

George, the only way I would be interested in "The Wedding" is if someone were decorating with LOR. Then I would tune in just to see the lights. Think of what we on this forum could do with lights if we had the budget from this stupid wedding!

Orville wrote:

No George, you aren't!

I am sick of Royal Weddings, idiotic TV commercials that are 20 times louder than the show you're watching, especially late at night when others are trying to sleep and these damn things BLAST youi into oblivion! FCC used to crack down on this crap and didn't allow them to be any louder than the show you were watching, what happened to that?

As well as there IS NO such thing as TRUTH IN ADVERTISING" either! Another thing about commercials that really irks me no end too! I am sick of the damn Casey Anthony crap too!

Quite frankly TV seems to be more commercial than TV show, I swear a 30 minute show has almost 1/2 the time in commerical garbage, the longer the show the more commercials you get too. And for crying out loud, someone please find the MORON(S) that created those annoying INFOMERCIALS and put them out of OUR misery!!!

Also sick and tired of TV stations that have a set theme and show informercioals or any other show that HAS NOTHING to do with what their content should be, like SyFy, History Channel, etc. showing shows that have absolutely nothing to do with History or Science Fiction. Stick to your themes please!

And for crying out loud, CAN WE DO AWAY WITH ALL THESE RIDICULOUS REALITY SHOWS? Enough IS ENOUGH! And more keep cropping up all the time, what a MAJOR waste of TV bandwidth.

Oh, and find the low-life that came up with POP UP ADS on the internet too and please put that idiot out of OUR misery too! Just glad we have POP-UP BLOCKERS to help keep them at bay, but some still get through!

Sorry George, you just struck the nerve that aggravates me no end on TV, Radio and The 'net doing things that just annoy me no end!

Hey, I like "Biggest Loser." Those fat people make me look a LOT better.

Guest wbottomley

George Simmons wrote:

Right there with ya' bro.

Who really cares one foxtrot delta about it.

Guest Don Gillespie

Ditto who cares the world puts people like this up on pedastals just like movie stars and musicians, when in actual fact we should be putting our firemen, ambulance staff, and police up there along with the milatary, so ya what wedding.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

There's a wedding?

I just Googled it.
Apparently so.

Oh well. BAck to my regularly scheduled life.

Don Gillespie wrote:

Ditto who cares the world puts people like this up on pedastals just like movie stars and musicians, when in actual fact we should be putting our firemen, ambulance staff, and police up there along with the milatary, so ya what wedding.

And teachers! Where would any of us be without good teachers?