Light-O-Rama Forums

NJ Epic Gathering Announcment

Dan Ancona

Hey Ron, did you buy your airline tickets yet so you can win a grand prize with your expert sequencing skills? :P

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dan Ancona

• cenote

• Frank Picozzi

• Ron Amedee

Cenote wrote

Hey Ron, did you buy your airline tickets yet so you can win a grand prize with your expert sequencing skills?

[/quote
I've been sequencing since Jan 12th of this year..I have never ran a display of christmas lights in my life!!!!
I only did a couple dozen night clubs and a few rock bands..So it is a BIG learning curve for me ..But after seeing all your shows it is helping me get a handle on where i should start!!!!

Jeff Millard wrote

Quit being modest. You're gonna rule the newbie contest and you know it...

Jeff

I understand most of the sequencing techniques..If I could only afford the lights and props for a first year NEWBIE..Might just start with 16 channels and 8 CCR's.. Need to crawl first!!!! Only trying 464 channels this year because i don't want to overload myself!!!!

Ron Amedee wrote:

Cenote wrote
Hey Ron, did you buy your airline tickets yet so you can win a grand prize with your expert sequencing skills?

[/quote
I've been sequencing since Jan 12th of this year..I have never ran a display of christmas lights in my life!!!!
I only did a couple dozen night clubs and a few rock bands..So it is a BIG learning curve for me ..But after seeing all your shows it is helping me get a handle on where i should start!!!!
Ron, Please, please use someone other than Chuck to learn from!!

Jeff Millard wrote:

Dan Ancona wrote:
Ron, Please, please use someone other than Chuck to learn from!!

...and please, take guidance from someone other than Dano...

Jeff

I second that

Too bad only one person on this forum has my sequence to this years Groundbreakin' change the state of art of sequencing extravaganza on the planet!!...PS..Whats a sequence anyways!!!!

Mountainwxman wrote:

I'm still debating on coming. Flights have gotten so expensive lately that I refuse to fund a CEO's retirement account.

Bill, I just looked at a map and noticed that the driving distance from NC to NJ is a lot less than from MN to NJ.

Just sayin'...

Guest guest

KenL_MCSE wrote:

Hmm, you could always drive. I hear gas is going back to .35 a gallon

Let me know when gas goes back down to .12¢ a gallon Ken and I'LL DRIVE TO N.J.!:cool:

Mountainwxman wrote:

I'm looking at a same day turn around. Fly up that morning then come back that night.

Dude, thought you promised you were NOT EVERY doing that again? Next Jeff's going to tell us he got a flat tire, and won't make it :P

We have actually recieved some very good questions to be discussed at the event. Please, keep them coming in. I think this is going to be a great way to learn a few things!!

Yes we have received some good questions - Like the set of questions we just got from Michelle K. - GREAT!

But asking the web guy about fonts? The web guy cannot remember what font he used on the graphic buttons.

Guest wbottomley

cenote wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
I'm looking at a same day turn around. Fly up that morning then come back that night.

Dude, thought you promised you were NOT EVERY doing that again?  Next Jeff's going to tell us he got a flat tire, and won't make it :D

It's hard for me to make it a two-day event. Usually, one day is all that will work.

Now, with the new format, I don't know if I'll make it after all... I will only be able to attend for a few hours, and don't know if it will be worth it for that short of a time...

D.T.

Jeff Millard wrote:

cenote wrote:
Next Jeff's going to tell us he got a flat tire, and won't make it :D
I live three blocks away. A flat tire ain't gonna stop me... BUT!... DownTown wrote:
Now, with the new format, I don't know if I'll make it after all... I will only be able to attend for a few hours, and don't know if it will be worth it for that short of a time... D.T.
You need to rethink charging guys like Dave and preventing them from coming if they're only staying for a few hours... Just my two cents. He was at my first event in '06. That alone should Grandfather him in... Jeff
Thanks Jeff. It would be one thing if I were going to be there all day, but I have a committment with my wife in Cape May at 7 that evening. I'll probably have to bail by 3PM. I understand the need to offset the cost for Andy and would not mind contributing, but maybe at a pro rated rate :D

If we work something out, you can all see my atomic strobe this year :D

George Simmons wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
I'm still debating on coming. Flights have gotten so expensive lately that I refuse to fund a CEO's retirement account.

Bill, I just looked at a map and noticed that the driving distance from NC to NJ is a lot less than from MN to NJ.

Just sayin'...

Does this mean that you're attending George?