Light-O-Rama Forums

NJ Epic Gathering Announcment

Dan Ancona

It’s here! The EPIC CHRISTMAS GATHERING web site is now up and functioning, complete with registration. Formally known as the NJ/PA mini or meet and greet, the event will be held on Saturday, June 11 and Sunday June 12 in Cinnaminson, NJ.

Our fantastic host of last year’s event had is arm twisted and has agreed to have a bunch of light crazies descend on his home once again.

Last year’s event was great and this year looks to be even better. Between the smaller presentations of some individual’s projects, to Mr. Baldwin of LOR presenting his newest version of software updates (yes, we were the first to see it!) to the comparison of various products including LED floods, everyone attending had a great time. And you really don’t want to miss the Red Cup Social scheduled for Friday evening at the hotel. That Crazy Light Lady really out did herself and I hear she’s planning a better one this year!! You don’t want to miss it this year!!!

New for this year is a sequencing contest where you get a chance to submit a short sequence and a chance to win a fantastic prize! See the site for more details. Vendors have also been stepping up with door prizes. And there are more to come…

Click on the link below and register. Please check in to the site from now and then as it is work in progress and plans are to update new events, classes and vendors when they become available! The classes listed on the site are, at this time, just a very quick overview.

On behalf of your host, Andy, we look forward to seeing you again and meeting those of you we haven’t.

http://holidayuniversity.com/forums/index.php/topic,851.0.html

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dan Ancona

• cenote

• Frank Picozzi

• Ron Amedee

Hi friends, sorry, we discovered another hip-cup this evening with the pay system :P
Give us a day or two to straighten out. Promise we address the problem of only being able to pay via paypal. Slight over sight.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok boys and girls;

Time is marching on and the June 11 date for the event is right around the corner, believe it or not. I know there are many of you who are planning on attending but have not signed up as of yet. Let’s get moving!! Soon we need to start placing orders for some logistical things and really need a good head count, so take a moment and visit the web site and sign up. Do YOU want to be the one that misses out on the fun?!?

No Paypal account? No problem. Send me a PM and we’ll get that worked out for you.

Please note the site needs to be updated to reflect some sponsors (our web master seems to have a life – and a job).

So far we have attendees from as far away as CA not to mention Texas, No Carolina, Tenn., RI (yeah, he found out) FL, so come on Mid West, let’s get moving!! You too, East Coast!!

http://epicchristmasgathering.com

More news!!!

For those wishing to enter the sequencing contest, the channel line up and audio file are now up on the site!!!!

Give it a shot! You never know.... The lawn can get cut tomorrow!!

http://epicchristmasgathering.com/contest.html

http://epicchristmasgathering.com/signup.html

For the fun of it ..Open up a catagory for non attendies for bragging rights!!! And can you attach a picture of said tent so everyones visualizer looks the same!!!

Ron Amedee wrote:

And can you attach a picture of said tent so everyones visualizer looks the same!!!

By the end of this weekend, I will try and have a blank sequence made up in the LOR sequencer for download which will have a simple generic visualizer made up with it.
Will have to think about your first part question

cenote wrote

By the end of this weekend, I will try and have a blank sequence made up in the LOR sequencer for download which will have a simple generic visualizer made up with it.

Already got the basic beat timings down..working on vocals and fills after C"MOM!!!! We all want to play!!!!

Ron Amedee wrote:

cenote wrote

Already got the basic beat timings down..working on vocals and fills after C"MOM!!!! We all want to play!!!!

Can't stop ya from playing...just can't promise you would be eligible for a super duper wonderful prize...Maybe Dan will take this to next step @ LOR for 2012 :D

cenote wrote

Don't make me fly to Jersey just play my sequence!!! That would put a damper on more CCR purchases!!!LOL

Hey Ron, first off, listen to Jeff!

Secondly, myself I somewhat like the idea. With that being said, give us a few days and let's see if we can come up with something along the 'Braging Rights' idea.

Dan Ancona wrote:

Hey Ron, first off, listen to Jeff!.

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Dan. A man who is outstanding in his Forum suggestions!

:-)

Last edited on Wed May 4th, 2011 05:15 am by Jeff Millard

Without Jeffs help I would still be trying to sequence only 16 channels!!!!
Moved Up to 80 and 7 CCR's now.

A few comments about the Epic.

First I will try to sign up ASAP.

In regards to the sequence competition not sure I will play or not but could the website provide an as envisioned by the competition organizers LCC file so we all would have a better visualization of what we are trying to sequence.

And I would vote that if we are playing all these sequences at the Epic, then top priority should be sequences of attendees. Since I assume we may wait for this competition toward dusk, I would prefer to see the work of people who I am at the Epic with before anyone's sequence who is not attending.

Last year I headed home after the flood light comparisons and depending on how many 0:46 second sequences we play it could take awhile to see them all.

You might want people to name their sequences with some type of naming convention like forum name for example (EdP.lms) so you could program up a show with out having duplicate file names and then let the show rip for all to enjoy!

Ed, The sequencing competion is open ONLY to attendees. Any other "sideline" sequencing will be just for fun - if it happens at all.
Chuck was working on the visulizer file. This will put a fire under his butt!!
Hope to see you there!!!

New addition to the web site!!

Have a question about how to wire something, what a Molex connector is, what is the best way to attach lights to a wire frame? Any question at all, you can now submit your question in a comment box on the site. The day of the event, our resident experts and those who are not so expert will answer all the questions! It should be a fun way to learn and re-learn some things when we throw these questions out to the crowd! If we don’t have the answer, well get them!

This will be a great way for those new to the hobby to learn from those who have been around a bit. And I’m sure the seniors will pick up some new knowledge as well.

Also – have a tip or a trick you would like to share along?? There’s a link for that as well. Post them in the comment section on the “Tips” link. We all have some little trick to get things done easily, why not share them!!

Just go to the web site and navigate to the ‘Question’ or ‘Tip’ link and post away.
Not to worry, we are not going to share who asked so don’t be shy.

http://epicchristmasgathering.com/about.html