Light-O-Rama Forums

UpGrade

Ron Amedee

YEA!!!! From basic to advanced today...Hello Beat Wizard !!!! The time saved just getting beat track done frees up time to sequence!!!!

And 1st CCR is on the way!! Like a kid at christmas in April !!!

Ron Amedee wrote:

YEA!!!! From basic to advanced today...Hello Beat Wizard !!!! The time saved just getting beat track done frees up time to sequence!!!!

I can't even imagine a world without the Beat Wizard in it.
  • Like 1

Caleb Linburg wrote:

I don't like the beat wizard, maybe I am missing something.

I love all the wizards! Beat Wizard, Vu Wizard and the Tapper Wizard are all the greatest tools in the sequencer! I use all 3.

I use the Beat wizard where I can change the speed to a faster tempo and move the radio button to make it longer or shorter, I also change the open boxes to various numbers.

The Beat wiz saves me tons of time by laying in a beat on a channel I'm working on, and then I just go back and "clean it up", a lot less time spent on it this way, more so than doing the "play visible screen" over and over AND over again to get the lights on where I want them.

Still use the that feature, but it's not used as frequent as it was when I first started just a year ago!

The Tapper wiz I use for laying the vocal tracks down for each item I want to appear to be singing a specific section of the song, and finally the VU wizard I use to get the hard beats of the song, this is for channels I want to come on when that aspect of the song rolls over.

It took me some time to figure out how to use each one effectively, but once I did, it was a time saver and a blessing!

I couldn't, nor would I want, to sequence without them now! They are a BIG TIME SAVER!

Ron Amedee wrote:

Congrats on the upgrade. ;)

I was very glad when I made that move! And for the same reason, having all those nifty wizards to make sequencing so much easier!

And being able to use all my controllers too! I like that "unlimited controller" option with the Advanced!:D

Had to leave the house today!!! One funneral and one wake..Not a good day!!! Now back to exploring all the new features i have with advanced!!!'

The beat wizard is great..I have to do sections on some songs with tempo changes but thanks to all the great folks here I learned the "Tricks" Before I took the plunge!

Now when my CCR's arrive I will have a million new questions!!!

Thanks for all the support Guys !!!

Caleb Linburg wrote:

Dido! I'm white, and beats is something not I don't have in my blood! I don't understand how they work.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Dido! I'm white, and beats is something not I don't have in my blood! I don't understand how they work.

And for those of you following along at home, the irony is that the Beat Wizard was developed for someone just like this.
  • Like 1

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Caleb Linburg wrote:

LOL. I'm white, well actually a combination of Cherokee Indian and some other heinz 57 mixtures.... hmmmm....., maybe the Cherokee Indian is where I get my "beat" rythym from!;):D

Alright guys, With mutible Tracks do i have to create a master track for the animation to play all the tracks? I am only seeing one track of animation at a time.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Caleb Linburg wrote:

Exactly my point!!!!!!

Caleb Linburg wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Caleb Linburg wrote:

Exactly my point!!!!!!

To all those that don't understand the beat wizrd, check out this thread (6th post down from Bob from Light-O-Rama).

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=15994&forum_id=72&highlight=How+does+Beat+wizard+work

It may help you to understand how it works and how to use it.

When someone asks me via email about this, that, & the other thing, I always say go with the "Advance Thing".

Face it, not everyone has total self control and says I am just buying 16 or 32 channels and nothing more, and even if you have self control and stick with 32 channels you should always buy the advance software.

There is a fellow I know up here that does not have the advance software and he has limitations. Limited or Demo. So he cannot do some things.

Go for the gusto.

• 2 years later...

I have S2 software 3.8.0

Anybody know the limitations with this software in respect to # of controllers that can be used?

I see the most common advice is to upgrade to advanced but I'm not sure if mine is advanced, basic, basic+

Thanks for your help

But wait, does advanced have a limited number of controllers you can use?

I notice your software is 3.10   ......  is there a big difference.  Should I pay for upgrade?

Advanced has no artificial limits. Just what your computer can handle. Over 60 controllers here.

There are threads with the change log for each version that you can evaluate if they are relevant to you. I think 3.8.0 has a memory leak issue, but I think 3.8.2 has it fixed, and is available to anyone licensed to 3.8.0, without any additional license upgrade.

We had 60+ controllers well before 3.8.