Light-O-Rama Forums

Contest Time - Announcement

Guest Guest

No recent news about the contest winners ?

it's 3 months now...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miaskiewicz christian

• marquisite

• Surfing4Dough

• jstorms

I agree.

Surely an announcement isn't that far off now?

That announcement wouldn't need to state the winners, but provide at least a new date when the winners would be published instead of leaving us all in the dark :D

If the summer sale comes and goes before the announcement then maybe there won't be a list of winners this year (a large chunk of time has elapsed already)

I sent an email to Dan. Hopefully that'll get us an update?

Although it wouldn't surprise me if somebody has already emailed him before now :D

Since the computer crashed that had all the sequences on it and all was lost.... Dan WON! He didn't have to give away all that stuff.

How pathetic am I? I'm still checking daily to see if the 2010 winners have been posted.

Note that I'm not complaining. I'll actually get alot more satisfaction from playing with my new copy of "S3" than watching someone else win the prize I'm coveting.

By the way, the link below was my entry in the 32-channel category:

How pathetic am I? I'm still checking daily to see if the 2010 winners have been posted.

Note that I'm not complaining. I'll actually get alot more satisfaction from playing with my new copy of "S3" than watching someone else win the prize I'm coveting.

By the way, the link below was my entry in the 32-channel category:

and here's my 32 chanel entry :

on youtube

or

on vimeo

I'm glad I don't have to choose a winner because with all the great displays I've seen on you tube there should be at least a thousand winners. lol

You see if I were judging you would totally have won me over with a snowman singing Winds of Change by the Scorpions. One of my favorite tracks of all time. I have the album and still play it every weekend.

If I had to make the decision on the winning videos it would be so hard, so gut-wrenching, so controversial that I might just throw in the towel and say my hard drive crashed instead of having to disappoint so many worthy videos made by compulsive, obsessed people ;)

...or...

Maybe I would farm the decision out to a jury of my peers to decide on my behalf. I heard that's what you do if you are looking for justice. [too soon?]

*just kidding* in case some didn't realize it was a joke. If you are offended then you can go ahead and hit the ignore button on me.

We have been waiting for so long hoping day after day that it would be justice that everybody wins.

We have been waiting for so long hoping day after day that it would be justice that everybody wins.

brownjm74 wrote:

As far as I'm concerned were all winners when you see the smile on a kids face watching the display!!

You're right that's the greatest reward for all of us enthousiasts I think. ;)

brownjm74 wrote:

As far as I'm concerned were all winners when you see the smile on a kids face watching the display!!!

You know, when I first started visiting this site and PC I read that alot. I always thought to myself, What a bunch of cr*p! But after my first year with a LOR, could have been any program, display I have to totally agree.

Just made my day the first time I caught someone watching the show and the smiles on all of there faces....

brownjm74 wrote:

As far as I'm concerned were all winners when you see the smile on a kids face watching the display!!!

So if you have declared that we are all winners, will you be sending free controllers to all of us as prizes? I won't tell the others if you want to keep this just between you and me (that way you don't have to send out as many). :)

Hey, if S3 can do auto-sequencing then some of those same libraries could be re-used to auto-judge the contest submissions! See how well sync'd the show is to the music, how you break up the channels by frequency, etc. Wouldn't that be cool? You run your sequence through the visualizer and get a score that tells you if you suck or not :)

137 days until the lights go on.

Surfing4Dough wrote:

brownjm74 wrote:

So if you have declared that we are all winners, will you be sending free controllers to all of us as prizes? I won't tell the others if you want to keep this just between you and me (that way you don't have to send out as many). :D

No problem!! Just as soon as I win the Mega Milliions Jackpot! :D

Jeff Millard wrote:

crackchecker wrote:
brownjm74 wrote:

You know, when I first started visiting this site and PC I read that alot. I always thought to myself, What a bunch of cr*p! But after my first year with a LOR, could have been any program, display I have to totally agree.

Just made my day the first time I caught someone watching the show and the smiles on all of there faces....

Where's the gosh darn "LIKE" button! :D

Jeff

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3gNQ24HIrtySvPIHY_y0gM_hd11agzQylTgcOUI1BMPAZrTkg