Light-O-Rama Forums

Contest Time - Announcement

Guest Guest

shfr26 wrote:

evan.a wrote:
if I remember correctly.

yellow snow was picked by Dan's son or grand son.

Any old members like mountainman can correct me on that.

Is he old or just weathered??

No, he's younger than me. Just havin fun picking on him.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• miaskiewicz christian

• marquisite

• Surfing4Dough

• jstorms

Sorry for the delays guys... Turns out that because of hardware failure and backups being only weekly we lost our list if finalists and have to look at all the videos over again. Not really much of an excuse because we would have been a couple of days late anyway but now it looks like next week before we announce the winners.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Sorry for the delays guys... Turns out that because of hardware failure and backups being only weekly we lost our list if finalists and have to look at all the videos over again.
Dan

it's ok Dan, you can just tell everyone I won the contest and the waiting is over...

Thanks again, you can always show my video at a later time.

evan.a wrote:

if I remember correctly.

My 11 year old Alex will pick the Grand Prize Winner. He has picked every Grand Prize Winner in every contest we have had.

Alex is our only child and being 11 we have no grand children... However we were married 25 years before Alex came along so often when I am out with him I am mistaken for his grandpa:) (don't mind it at all)...

Now I worked with a guy ( I will call him Gort ) who seemed to stop aging at 18, never aged or at least never appeared to age. One day he and is wife of 20+ years (who did not look at all old for her age) were at a deli and the guy behind the counter said to Gort's wife, "Oh your son already ordered that":shock:... Now that did not go over so well.

Dan

Looks kinda small for an 11 year old...

or...

Looks kinda old for an 11 year old... :)

jimswinder wrote:

Looks kinda small for an 11 year old...

or...

Looks kinda old for an 11 year old... :P

Jim your too funny. this pic is about 9 years old. Dan posted it on show your face post, we had some fun on, back in 2006. just never got around to deleteing it.

Guest wbottomley

LightORamaDan wrote:

evan.a wrote:
if I remember correctly.

Any old members like mountainman can correct me on that.

My 11 year old Alex will pick the Grand Prize Winner. He has picked every Grand Prize Winner in every contest we have had.

Alex is our only child and being 11 we have no grand children... However we were married 25 years before Alex came along so often when I am out with him I am mistaken for his grandpa:) (don't mind it at all)...

Now I worked with a guy ( I will call him Gort ) who seemed to stop aging at 18, never aged or at least never appeared to age. One day he and is wife of 20+ years (who did not look at all old for her age) were at a deli and the guy behind the counter said to Gort's wife, "Oh your son already ordered that":shock:... Now that did not go over so well.

Dan

Maybe I can send him a Chic-Fil-A milk shake for a little bribe. Think that would work?

John, I was just checking out your videos, Very well done! I'm curious what brand of lights you were using? Too intense to be from Walmart. I'm assuming they are full wave too?

You guys sound like you are trying to butter up Dan so he will pick you as the winner, just remember it's his son that picks the grand prize winner, not him... :(

To bad I don't make a chance anymore. The videos I had posted were dissapeared due to amistake by Vimeo. I put all my new videos online again but the contest was already closed. :(:(:D. I hope that the ones on youtube still works.

Dans son makes us very curious. I wondering if there would be a european winner his year. There are not many of them so we will wait!!!!!!!!:]

Guest Don Gillespie

evan.a wrote:

Dan posted it on show your face post,

maybe we should restart this post again to see what everyone looks like so we can finally put a face to a name. I will start it on a new post.

Mountainwxman wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
evan.a wrote:
if I remember correctly.

Now I worked with a guy ( I will call him Gort ) who seemed to stop aging at 18, never aged or at least never appeared to age. One day he and is wife of 20+ years (who did not look at all old for her age) were at a deli and the guy behind the counter said to Gort's wife, "Oh your son already ordered that":shock:... Now that did not go over so well.

Dan

Maybe I can send him a Chic-Fil-A milk shake for a little bribe. Think that would work?

That's about as good of a bribe as you can get! I don't think they have Chick-fil-a in New York/ New Jersey (wherever LOR is).

lol

And here's a French ad for a TV channel from 2007 :

It helps waiting for the contest's results...

scubado wrote:

John, I was just checking out your videos,  Very well done!  I'm curious what brand of lights you were using?  Too intense to be from Walmart.  I'm assuming they are full wave too?

Lights are from whoever has them on sale: Multicolor strands from Costco, trees and snowflake markers from Walmart, nets from Lowe's, Wreaths from Garden Ridge, deer also from Walmart.

2010 I found the big sales at Target, Home Depot, Walgreens, and our local grocery chain HEB.