Light-O-Rama Forums

Flip Horizontal Vertical and Mirror Features

paulanator

To fill by cells....I only use the waveform when programming so my timing marks are all over the place. Press select arrow then highlight the chase i draw then press the Circular repeat button to continue the chase which follows the beats i have drawn. This only works right after the selection..still learning copy and paste.... the undo feature helps while experimenting !!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ItsMeBobO

• jimswinder

• paulanator

• Ron Amedee

I have a good handle on a program to flip a clipboard.
Hopefully will be downloadable this weekend.
Here is a preview.
CFface.gif

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Here is a preview.
CFface.gif

Some people come into this world with the ability to use more of their brain power than others...

I tip my hat to you Bob, and the others who fall into that category (Brian B comes to mind)...of whom many frequent this site...

Maybe Dan has another opening at LOR Headquarters...and between you and Brian (and the other geniuses at LOR) you guys could improve on an ALREADY outstanding piece of software and put out a product that would be untouchable by anyone else!!

jimswinder wrote:

Sorry Bob..was not disagreeing with you, becasue your way does work...and that is how I currently do it...

but the lazy ass side of me just would like a quicker way to do it!! LOL

Jim, you nailed it :cool:
my sentiments exactly

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Here is a preview.
CFface.gif

I agree with the others whom have posted great and positive feedback on your in process work for this Bob. T

his is something that definitely be an integral part of the LOR Software suite. Great work and will definitely make sequencing a LOT easier for some of us that need those options!

Just know I sure could have used these features LAST YEAR (2010) when I first started sequencing. This would definitely cut my sequencing time by a very wide margin!

Question: This will be designed to work on all sequnce cells right? Not just the CCR part of it only?

I just noticed the CCR blurb in your demo, so just making sure it'll work throughtout the entire sequencing software and not be specific to any one item in the sequencer.

Bob,

that rocks, and is exactly what I (and obviously not just me) need!!!

Not only is it awesome that you have the ability to create a tool like this, but to share it with others shows what kind of a person you are, and that goes for the others in the LOR community.

Thank you

Didn't make a public release of this weekend. But I do have 6 of the 11 possible flip arrangements completed. Dang kids take a lot of time from my hobby!
In a few days I could use 2 or 3 volunteers to test the Beta before a general release. Please be familiar with the quirks of the LOR clipboard feature. (More on that later)

Completed ready for QA
Horizontal flip.
Horizontal flip with original to right
Horizontal flip with original to left
Vertical flip
Vertical flip with original up (option to have single center channel)
Vertical flip with original down (option to have single center channel)

Not ready.
Double flip
Double with original in any of 4 corners

ItsMeBobO wrote:

In a few days I could use 2 or 3 volunteers to test the Beta before a general release. Please be familiar with the quirks of the LOR clipboard feature. (More on that later)

I'll be happy to take it for a quick test spin!!

This tool is coming along nicely. All 11 flips styles are complete and being tested. Also added single center channel option when flipping vertically up or down.

I made a little mistake flipping RGB channels vertically since they become BGR which changes the color. Holding release until that is fixed. PM me if you want to beta test it as is. FYI this is for flipping complex sections which cant be redrawn easily with SE tools.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

FYI this is for flipping complex sections which cant be redrawn easily with SE tools.

LOL...I take it this was for my benefit!!! :P

ItsMeBobO wrote: 
FYI this is for flipping complex sections which cant be redrawn easily with SE tools.

Sounds like this was a lot of flipping work! Thanks Bob for using your time and talent.

jimswinder wrote:

ItsMeBobO wrote: 

LOL...I take it this was for my benefit!!!  :D

Ron Amedee wrote:
Are we OK with the exc . file we have now?

I cant make up my mind on which of you two I should tease. :P
Jim, can you tell Ron the Beta release has some quirks to overlook while you look over the rest for things which need more looking at.

ItsMeBobO wrote

Jim, can you tell Ron the Beta release has some quirks to overlook while you look over the rest for things which need more looking at.

Ron...

the Beta release has some quirks to overlook while I look over the rest for things which need more looking at.

But in my defense, I think what I was asking for is how this thread actually started...

Let's say I have a chase pattern that is 8 channels and starting from the top #1 channel to the bottom #8 channel. I would love to be able to select that, then flip it, flop it, inverse it, whatever you want to call it, to make it go from bottom to top.

Bobo,

Man, you have hit it big with this baby. It works really well. I am still not in love with the clunkiness of clipboards (obviously not your fault...), but your integration with them is nice, and once the flip button is gone, that will help.

Here is one issue, and it may be me. I was trying a lot of different designs and sequences with the flip and mirror. I have added a graphic below, I was trying to do a top right, which I thought should include the input. So here is what I get, and it is just the original input, not the mirrored part.

I went in and recreated a new clipboard and followed the procedures, opened it in your program, chose optinons, hit flip, saved it. Then went in loaded the clip board and pasted, and I only get the input line. All of the other options worked for me, but this one did not.

BTW, the two rows of red are just two attempts, not one. Only does the one set at a time.

The options are cool, I really like the one center choice.. very smart idea there, sometimes you might want both sides or just one center. Overall this is brilliant and will be a HUGE time saver, it already has been for me.

Thanks,

Paul

BTW, system info:

Windows 7, 64 Bit, i7 processor, 12 GB RAM, SE v2.94, Advanced Version

Attached files 242046=13136-toprighflip.JPG

Thanks Paul & Jim & Ron
I have 3 fixes so far for the Beta round two. A few days.

flip right does not include input
option to not flip the intensities (done)
Support RGB so it doesnt become BGR