Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama Spring Sale

rgardner518

LightORamaDan wrote:

I think we are some ways from the day where we stop using "regular" Christmas lights (be they LED or incandescent)...

Dan

Yikes!!!

I was hoping to be 95% CCB's by 2012!!

And I think I am older than you Dan!! :shock:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• rgardner518

• BrownOut

• Surfing4Dough

jimswinder wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:
I think we are some ways from the day where we stop using "regular" Christmas lights (be they LED or incandescent)...

Dan

Yikes!!!

CCBs are cool and you can do amazing stuff with them that you could not do with regular Christmas Lights.... However I do not see people abandoning traditional lights and going all CCBs... Time will tell.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Certainly users who go with the CCRs and CCBs will need fewer regular controllers.

As I don't have any CCR's yet. But, I have been pondering the though of them. I have yet to figure anything out yet on them. I want to buy 12, but $2500, is more than I can spare right now.

But based on your comment. If I had a CCR, they connect into the setup without a controller?

I'm a PC only controller person. But I was always under the impression that, for every CCR you had, you needed an open plug on a "controller" for it to plug into! That's wrong!

So wait, the Cat5 wire plugs directly into the CCR and the CCR plugs directly into a power source, making it its own unit, and not taking anything away from any other controller? No matter how many CCR's you have?

Whoa! I NEVER realized this!

Thank you Dan! now that, thats solved, on to the bigger issue. Do I buy lights? or do I buy controllers. Do I buy lights, or do I buy controllers.I'm so tormented by my choices! lol
lol, kind of like.... which came first.. the controller or the light.(the chicken or the egg thing)

Ralph D wrote:

Do I buy lights, or do I buy controllers.I'm so tormented by my choices! lol

just buy CCB's...

no controllers needed... :P

jimswinder wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Yikes!!!

Yea, but I think dirt has you beat...:P:P:D:D

Ralph D wrote:

Thank you Dan! now that, thats solved, on to the bigger issue. Do I buy lights? or do I buy controllers. Do I buy lights, or do I buy controllers.I'm so tormented by my choices! lol
lol, kind of like.... which came first.. the controller or the light.(the chicken or the egg thing)

It really depends on what you want to do. Personally, I like to see lots of mini lights on a tree and that requires controllers. If you want some RGB stuff in the display as well CCRs and CCBs will fit the bill.

A person can take one or two sixteen channel controllers and animate a whole yard and you just can't do that with a couple of CCRs or CCBs.

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

It really depends on what you want to do. Personally, I like to see lots of mini lights on a tree and that requires controllers. If you want some RGB stuff in the display as well CCRs and CCBs will fit the bill.

A person can take one or two sixteen channel controllers and animate a whole yard and you just can't do that with a couple of CCRs or CCBs.

Dan

Is there any future plans to have non-digital CCBs where the whole strand is RGB but without individual pixel control?

Tim Herberger wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Is there any future plans to have non-digital CCBs where the whole strand is RGB but without individual pixel control?

We have been considering it.

Dan

Tim Herberger wrote

That would be great if the price could be kept down I would buy them

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

AARGH!!!! LOL

That changes everything for me!!!

Any idea when those might come out?

And what exactly does that mean (non-digital CCBs where the whole strand is RGB)?
That you could just control them to be either ALL Red, Green, or Blue?

jimswinder wrote:

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

AARGH!!!! LOL

And what exactly does that mean (non-digital CCBs where the whole strand is RGB)?

All the bulbs on the string could be any color but the would all be the same color at any one time. The string would take up 3 channels in the network... One for Red, Green and Blue...

As I said it was somthing we were considering. Will not be this year (as far as I know) and no idea what the price would be except it would be less than CCBs.

Dan

Guest Don Gillespie

LightORamaDan wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Yikes!!!

CCBs are cool and you can do amazing stuff with them that you could not do with regular Christmas Lights.... However I do not see people abandoning traditional lights and going all CCBs... Time will tell.

Dan

CCBs, CCRs, what is this world coming to there is no doubt these will take over traditional lights we just have to get the price down to $19.95 a string for a 100 count but maybe you to old guys can work this out LOL :P

LightORamaDan wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

AARGH!!!! LOL

All the bulbs on the string could be any color but the would all be the same color at any one time. The string would take up 3 channels in the network... One for Red, Green and Blue...

As I said it was somthing we were considering. Will not be this year (as far as I know) and no idea what the price would be except it would be less than CCBs.

Dan

That is something I would be interested in! (as long as the price was low enough).

Could out line my house/windows with one "string" and have lights for Halloween (Orange purple and white) and Christmas (white, red, blue, green, yellow and on and on)

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

Add me to the list of folks hoping you decide to do this :)

Mountainwxman wrote:

Jamie Taylor wrote:
Info from the web
Sale Starts: March 23 at 10:00 PM EDT .

Good Luck.
Where's that information posted at?

Its the top tab on the store site. Here is a direct link.

http://store.lightorama.com/secretsale.html

Dan gave the link several posts ago. But the title changed from "not started yet" to the date and time.

Dan,
I like this new part. Its a small way to even out the field a little,

IMPORTANT: There is a $1500.00 Limit on orders. If your order total goes above $1500.00 you will not be able to checkout. You can place multiple orders. We have imposed this limit to prevent one person from buying up all the stock on fast selling items. (we will combine shipping if you place more than one order).