Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone know how to invert a sequence?

awardblvr

In the sequence editor, I need to use the tapper wizard or beta wizard and have it only pulse OFF each channel as long as I hold down the button.

The other option would be to just have the channel go ON when I tap, but then come back and say "invert the channel".

I would like to be able to do this in the sequence editor and not invert the channel in the HW setup pgm.

Thanks for any help!

-Andrew

awardblvr wrote:

In the sequence editor, I need to use the tapper wizard or beta wizard and have it only pulse OFF each channel as long as I hold down the button.

The other option would be to just have the channel go ON when I tap, but then come back and say "invert the channel".

I would like to be able to do this in the sequence editor and not invert the channel in the HW setup pgm.

Thanks for any help!

-Andrew

Sure - just use the Toggle tool, and apply it to the region you want inverted.

Note that this won't work if you have fades in the region (they'll be toggled off)

• 2 weeks later...

what about if you have a ramp or something and you want to invert it and place it in another channel. sounds like a new feature idea. unless I'm missing something.

I'm glad to see that this might become a reality! I was grumbling about this the other day while manually mirroring a sequence.

GS wrote:

If my memory is correct, I think we saw mirror as a new feature last week.

Then you could then cut and paste the results of that action.

Glenn

Mirror, really? is that in a new version? if not, how do you do it?

Right now it's a lot of cut/paste. I would love to be able to cut/paste/mirror. (or) high-light a section you want to copy/mirror and just click on a mirror option and have it do all the tedious work for me.

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

A mirror/ invert function / button or key would save my life, it’s a pain enough to copy and paste all over a sequence but do all that and then need to turn your ramp/fade or whatever your doing , around to go the other way, That’s! A real pain and takes a lot of extra time to do, so I’d love to see mirror but id kill for a "inverted" copy and paste function!
let’s all hold hands in a circle and sing white Christmas to Dan and bob...lol

Mirror would be cool and a big time saver. It would need a vertical and a horizontal option.

Right now the easiest way I see to do a mirror for two arches or trees is to create a track with those props and put one in reverse order. Then you can copy and paste directly to the second and it will be mirrored in the main track.

Brian Mitchell wrote:

Mirror would be cool and a big time saver. It would need a vertical and a horizontal option.

Right now the easiest way I see to do a mirror for two arches or trees is to create a track with those props and put one in reverse order. Then you can copy and paste directly to the second and it will be mirrored in the main track.

Again only if my memory is working right. I think mirror is both horz and vert.

The new features were coming rapid fire, live on screen, it was hard to keep up.