Light-O-Rama Forums

Rainbow Floods...ASSEMBLED!!

Ponddude

zman wrote:

Northern Tool still has them for $7.99

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200309783_200309783

No stake.

Mark, I also bought some of those to put two boards in for doubles. A few weeks ago Northern (at least locally) had them on sale for $4.99 That's when I bought!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ponddude

• Tim Fischer

• Bill Hoffman

• rgardner518

JBullard wrote:

zman wrote:
Northern Tool still has them for $7.99

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200309783_200309783

No stake.

Mark, I also bought some of those to put two boards in for doubles. A few weeks ago Northern (at least locally) had them on sale for $4.99 That's when I bought!

WOW! Too bad, my closest Northern Tool is only a 1000 miles from me in North Dakota. Tim should have some around him though. I need a Northern coupon to hit me via email pretty soon.

I should explain what I am trying to get done with these cases.

The cases would have been completely waterproof with a clear cover on it. The modular jacks would have been inside rubber gasket seals that you would have fed the cat-5 cable through. In theory, they would have been completely waterproof.

Right now, everyone's best bet is to keep getting those halogen cases to put your lights in. They work great and what I used all during my proto-typing.

I am thinking that I would like to find something submersible for a Rainbow Wall Runner to place inside a fountain. Not to steal the thread but any thoughts on that?

Rick

zman wrote:

WOW! Too bad, my closest Northern Tool is only a 1000 miles from me in North Dakota. Tim should have some around him though. I need a Northern coupon to hit me via email pretty soon.

Yeah, they're based here out of the Twin Cities. I'll have to check them out, although I'd like the smaller form factor I think (still have to assemble and try my sample to see about light output...)

When you place two of the floods in the same enclosure and wire them directly together without using the connectors, what type of wire do you use? Is it a short piece of cat 5 cable or can any wire be used?

Denny wrote:

When you place two of the floods in the same enclosure and wire them directly together without using the connectors, what type of wire do you use? Is it a short piece of cat 5 cable or can any wire be used?

I just stripped a piece of cat5, but any small hobby wire can be used, it just has to be small enough to fit in the holes on the board. It only has to carry 12v.

Bill

Bill Hoffman wrote:

Denny wrote:

I just stripped a piece of cat5, but any small hobby wire can be used, it just has to be small enough to fit in the holes on the board. It only has to carry 12v.

Bill

When soldering wires directly to the board (instead of using the Cat5 jacks), is it pretty obvious which wires go where (referring to the color key in the instructions?)

Ponddude wrote:

Due to popular demand, the Rainbow Floods are now being offered fully assembled! I know, a lot of you are saying, "They were offered assembled before." Well, you are correct, but the demand for assembled floods has been more than I could have ever imagined. So, I now have a supplier that is going to be making them. They have been ordered and parts are en route to the manufacturer now, but if you want ensure you get some, the pre-order event is going on now. Lights are expect to start shipping on 6/25/10.

You can find the lights here:

http://www.christmasonmanor.com/store/product.php?id_product=25

The product information page can be found here:

http://www.christmasonmanor.com/rainbowfloodlight/rfl.htm

Also, for those that are interested, the DIY version of the Rainbow Floods are back in stock and shipping!

As with any of my pre-sales, if you have any questions, feel free to send me an email at greg@christmasonmanor.com or visit our support forum at http://www.christmasonmanor.com/forum

Does anyone have any clue, how to get a hold of the owners of christmasonmanor.com?

I'm right here....:(

However, if you want, you can send me an email at greg@christmasonmanor.com. You can send me a PM too.

Tim Fischer wrote:

When soldering wires directly to the board (instead of using the Cat5 jacks), is it pretty obvious which wires go where (referring to the color key in the instructions?)

I would say yes. The pins on the connector are split into two rows on the board but they are basically alternating as they go so if you use the same order as the cat 5 cable drawings, it should go pretty easy, just alternated top and bottom. Consider inserting a cat 5 cable into the connector for a visual guide to pin order as you go.

I plan to solder up one more this weekend without the connectors because I found a great halogen light that I was disappointed I would not be able to fit my flood into because of the connectors but once I saw Bill's pictures with no connectors I can fit it in now and it will be very small, the board just fits. I found these lights on clearance at Menards for $3.00 so now I need to go back and buy a couple more before they are gone.

I will post a picture once I get done, and once I figure out how to post a picture :(

Rick

huskernut wrote:

Tim Fischer wrote:

I would say yes. The pins on the connector are split into two rows on the board but they are basically alternating as they go so if you use the same order as the cat 5 cable drawings, it should go pretty easy, just alternated top and bottom. Consider inserting a cat 5 cable into the connector for a visual guide to pin order as you go.

I plan to solder up one more this weekend without the connectors because I found a great halogen light that I was disappointed I would not be able to fit my flood into because of the connectors but once I saw Bill's pictures with no connectors I can fit it in now and it will be very small, the board just fits. I found these lights on clearance at Menards for $3.00 so now I need to go back and buy a couple more before they are gone.

I will post a picture once I get done, and once I figure out how to post a picture :(

Rick

Cool, I might have to swing by Menards on the way home (it's a little harder now since they tore down and are in the process of rebuilding the one right by where I work :) )

My new soldering station came today as well, so I'm all ready to make my prototype. It came by UPS right before I was leaving for work, and it killed me to not even open it :)

For those of you that are direct wiring, here is a picture of how the pins numbers works out. The pins on top are the odd number pins and the pins on bottom are the even number pins.

Hopefully this can help some of you out.

Attached files 203802=11327-Pin numbering.png

Ponddude wrote:

However, if you want, you can send me an email at greg@christmasonmanor.com. You can send me a PM too.

I sent a comment through your comment system on your website, some time ago, with no response. And I tried again yesterday the 9th, and it got refused. It says the email set to greg@christmasonmanor.com is failing to accept messages. See below:

[line]
Note: Forwarded message is attached.

var YAHOO = {'Shortcuts' : {}}; if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") { var YAHOO = {}; } YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {}; YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = false; YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = []; YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false; YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "Returned mail: see transcript for details"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "MAILER-DAEMON@p3nlhg172.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_url = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "english"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = { }; YAHOO.Shortcuts.headerID = "c94a10286dde1c4b0ee3384b2247b32e"; The original message was received at Wed, 9 Jun 2010 22:02:49 -0700
from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<greg@christmasonmanor.com>
(reason: 553 sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1))

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to relay-hosting.secureserver.net.:
>>> MAIL From:<ny_yankee_25@yahoo.com> SIZE=17461 BODY=8BITMIME
<<< 553 sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)
501 5.6.0 Data format error
Reporting-MTA: dns; p3nlhg172.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost.localdomain
Arrival-Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 22:02:49 -0700

Final-Recipient: RFC822; greg@christmasonmanor.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 553 sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 22:02:49 -0700
.forwardmsg {border:2px solid;margin-bottom:0;margin-top:8px;padding:0 0 5px;border-color:#dc881e;}.forwardmsg .forwardmsgfname {color:#333333;font-style:normal;font-weight:bold;padding: 0.5em 0 0.5em 10px;background-color:fbf5d8;}.forwardmsg .msgheader {background-color:#f6f6f6;border:1px solid #e6e6e6;padding:5px 5px 5px 2px;}.forwardmsg .subjectbar {left:0;padding:0 5px;position:relative;top:0;}.forwardmsg .msgsubject {color:#3f3f3f;float:left;display:block;font-weight:bold;margin:0.67em 0;line-height:1.2em;}.forwardmsg .date {float:right;}.forwardmsg .clearFloat {clear:both}.forwardmsg .padding2px {padding:2px 0}.forwardmsg .label {color:#7f7f7f;float:left;padding:0 2px 0 5px;text-align:right;width:3.5em;}.forwardmsg .details {color:#343434;padding:0 2px 0 5px; position:relative;text-align:left;width:70%}.forwardmsg .abook {float:left;margin-right:3px; text-align:left;width:auto}.forwardmsg .pointer {cursor:pointer}.forwardmsg .blue {color:blue}.forwardmsg .underline {text-decoration:underline}.forwardmsg .displaynone {display:none}.forwardmsg .padding5px {padding:5px}.forwardmsg plainMail {overflow:visible; visibility:visible}Fw: [seasonal Entertainment] Message from contact form[seasonal Entertainment] Message from contact formThursday, June 10, 2010 1:02:49 AMFrom: "ny_yankee_25@yahoo.com" <ny_yankee_25@yahoo.com>To: "Customer service" <greg@christmasonmanor.com> [align=left] download?mid=1%5f32568%5fANMwvs4AAKUiTBByKQKRkDcIogk&pid=3.2&fid=Christmas&inline=1 Message from your shop Seasonal Entertainment E-mail address: ny_yankee_25@yahoo.com

Message: I hope your customer service is not [Foul Language Used], like travis at ledholidaylighting.com. I asked a question the other day about your wall washers and I don't believe I ever got a responce back. I wanted to know if they can do Red, blue, green, and Yellow? Seasonal Entertainment powered with PrestaShop™[/align]

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Ponddude wrote:

I sent a comment through your comment system on your website, some time ago, with no response. And I tried again yesterday the 9th, and it got refused. It says the email set to greg@christmasonmanor.com is failing to accept messages. See below:

[line]
Note: Forwarded message is attached.

var YAHOO = {'Shortcuts' : {}}; if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") { var YAHOO = {}; } YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {}; YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = false; YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = []; YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false; YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "Returned mail: see transcript for details"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "MAILER-DAEMON@p3nlhg172.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_url = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "english"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = { }; YAHOO.Shortcuts.headerID = "c94a10286dde1c4b0ee3384b2247b32e"; The original message was received at Wed, 9 Jun 2010 22:02:49 -0700
from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<greg@christmasonmanor.com>
    (reason: 553 sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1))

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to relay-hosting.secureserver.net.:
>>> MAIL From:<ny_yankee_25@yahoo.com> SIZE=17461 BODY=8BITMIME
<<< 553 sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)
501 5.6.0 Data format error
Reporting-MTA: dns; p3nlhg172.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net
Received-From-MTA: DNS; localhost.localdomain
Arrival-Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 22:02:49 -0700

Final-Recipient: RFC822; greg@christmasonmanor.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 553 sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1)
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 22:02:49 -0700
.forwardmsg {border:2px solid;margin-bottom:0;margin-top:8px;padding:0 0 5px;border-color:#dc881e;}.forwardmsg .forwardmsgfname {color:#333333;font-style:normal;font-weight:bold;padding: 0.5em 0 0.5em 10px;background-color:fbf5d8;}.forwardmsg .msgheader {background-color:#f6f6f6;border:1px solid #e6e6e6;padding:5px 5px 5px 2px;}.forwardmsg .subjectbar {left:0;padding:0 5px;position:relative;top:0;}.forwardmsg .msgsubject {color:#3f3f3f;float:left;display:block;font-weight:bold;margin:0.67em 0;line-height:1.2em;}.forwardmsg .date {float:right;}.forwardmsg .clearFloat {clear:both}.forwardmsg .padding2px {padding:2px 0}.forwardmsg .label {color:#7f7f7f;float:left;padding:0 2px 0 5px;text-align:right;width:3.5em;}.forwardmsg .details {color:#343434;padding:0 2px 0 5px; position:relative;text-align:left;width:70%}.forwardmsg .abook {float:left;margin-right:3px; text-align:left;width:auto}.forwardmsg .pointer {cursor:pointer}.forwardmsg .blue {color:blue}.forwardmsg .underline {text-decoration:underline}.forwardmsg .displaynone {display:none}.forwardmsg .padding5px {padding:5px}.forwardmsg plainMail {overflow:visible; visibility:visible}Fw: [seasonal Entertainment] Message from contact form[seasonal Entertainment] Message from contact formThursday, June 10, 2010 1:02:49 AMFrom: "ny_yankee_25@yahoo.com" <ny_yankee_25@yahoo.com>To: "Customer service" <greg@christmasonmanor.com> [align=left] download?mid=1%5f32568%5fANMwvs4AAKUiTBByKQKRkDcIogk&pid=3.2&fid=Christmas&inline=1   Message from your shop Seasonal Entertainment   E-mail address: ny_yankee_25@yahoo.com

Message: I hope your customer service is not [Foul Language Used], like travis at ledholidaylighting.com. I asked a question the other day about your wall washers and I don't believe I ever got a responce back. I wanted to know if they can do Red, blue, green, and Yellow?   Seasonal Entertainment powered with PrestaShop™[/align]

Hello,

I have responded to your PM and sent you an email. I don't know why your emails are getting returned but I am sorry about that. See if you get my email and we can go from there. Check your PM box though...

Greg

ny_yankee_25 wrote: [align=left]

download?mid=1%5f32568%5fANMwvs4AAKUiTBByKQKRkDcIogk&pid=3.2&fid=Christmas&inline=1 Message from your shop Seasonal Entertainment E-mail address: ny_yankee_25@yahoo.com

Message: I hope your customer service is not [Foul Language Used], like travis at ledholidaylighting.com. I asked a question the other day about your wall washers and I don't believe I ever got a responce back. I wanted to know if they can do Red, blue, green, and Yellow? Seasonal Entertainment powered with PrestaShop™
I will be the first in a long line to come that will tell you that Greg is a stand up guy. He has been very responsive to customers and posts that have involved his products.
[/align]

zman wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote: [align=left]
download?mid=1%5f32568%5fANMwvs4AAKUiTBByKQKRkDcIogk&pid=3.2&fid=Christmas&inline=1 Message from your shop Seasonal Entertainment E-mail address: ny_yankee_25@yahoo.com

Message: I hope your customer service is not [Foul Language Used], like travis at ledholidaylighting.com. I asked a question the other day about your wall washers and I don't believe I ever got a responce back. I wanted to know if they can do Red, blue, green, and Yellow? Seasonal Entertainment powered with PrestaShop™
I will be the first in a long line to come that will tell you that Greg is a stand up guy. He has been very responsive to customers and posts that have involved his products.
[/align]

I never said he was not! I simply stated a fact, asking "if", he was like travis? But for the record it was because his emails system that sends him emails trough his website:

http://www.christmasonmanor.com/store/contact-form.php

Choose customer service from the drop down menu, and put in your email and message. it gets bounced back to the email you enter.

So you can see why I felt that way. I missed out on the sale he had the other day a couple of weeks ago, because I could not get my question answered!

zman wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
[align=left]

[/align]

I agree with Mark. Greg has treated me very well!

Product was shipped promply, everything was there, and even refunded me on excess postage.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

zman wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote: [align=left]
download?mid=1%5f32568%5fANMwvs4AAKUiTBByKQKRkDcIogk&pid=3.2&fid=Christmas&inline=1   Message from your shop Seasonal Entertainment   E-mail address: ny_yankee_25@yahoo.com

Message: I hope your customer service is not [Foul Language Used], like travis at ledholidaylighting.com. I asked a question the other day about your wall washers and I don't believe I ever got a responce back. I wanted to know if they can do Red, blue, green, and Yellow?   Seasonal Entertainment powered with PrestaShop™
[/align]

I never said he was not! I simply stated a fact, asking "if", he was like travis? But for the record it was because his emails system that sends him emails trough his website:

http://www.christmasonmanor.com/store/contact-form.php

Choose customer service from the drop down menu, and put in your email and message. it gets bounced back to the email you enter.

So you can see why I felt that way. I missed out on the sale he had the other day a couple of weeks ago, because I could not get my question answered!

Don't worry, no offense taken. The store software I use is open source and far from completely perfect. However, it does what I need it to do and, for the most part, gets the job done. If anyone ever has a question, please send me an email directly at greg@christmasonmanor.com. I try to answer in the same day...at least I try.

Just and FYI for everyone, there really wasn't a "sale." Maybe that is a bad thing to call it. I just initially start things off to help fund the initial purchase of ALL my stuff. That costs a lot and put it out, out of pocket, well I just couldn't do it. The prices are not going up unless the component prices go up. So please do not think you missed out on anything that is lower than what you currently see.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program............:D

Ponddude wrote

Now back to our regularly scheduled program............:D

Well, if I buy your wall washers, is there an easy way to get yellow? I really don't need any other colors other than red, blue, and green. They come on the board. But yellow, how would you recommend it?